👉 Job description
The role of the Director of Development is to develop and manage the organisation’s fundraising activities on an international level in close cooperation with the board of management and relevant departments. Good commercial, strategic and management skills are essential.
🔓 Member of the International Board of DUO for a JOB
- As a member of the management team, contribute to DUO’s organisational development
- Advise the Management Board on fundraising matters and their impact on DUO’s strategy and development potential.
🔓 Strategy and planning
- Define a strategy at an international level and coordinate the development and implementation of short, medium and long-term national strategies to achieve global fundraising objectives (€7.2M budget in 2023)
- Discuss with the different bodies involved with the association (social entrepreneurship, ministries, philanthropy, companies, etc.) how to nurture the association’s innovation potential in order to develop new areas of fundraising and develop strategies to access these funds.
🔓 Coordination and structuring of the Development department
- Structure, coordinate and develop the team in charge of fundraising (five people at present)
- Strengthen internal processes and optimise the organisation of the department
- Improve communication with both operational and support departments (communication, HR, finance)
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy at European and international level
- With the support of team members, develop innovative projects to diversify the fundraising strategy (eg: small and medium donor strategy, corporate packages, events, rounding off at, contracts that have a social impact, etc.
- Identify, canvass and monitor new financial partners: sponsors, patrons, foundations, public authorities, companies, small and medium-sized donors, etc.
- Support team members in achieving fundraising revenue goals (including drafting and follow-up of calls for proposals)
- Develop and monitor the network of business partners
- Develop and improve the “donor experience”
- Ensure smooth internal communication between different regional, national and international levels in order to guarantee the follow-up of proposal opportunities, budgets, confirmed projects and progress made against annual objectives.
- Set up of a sales process (for projects) allowing follow-up from proposal opportunity to reporting
- Development of new tools to pool and facilitate monitoring and reporting.
- Microsoft Word – DUO for a JOB – International Director for Development_EN.docx
- Coordination of relations with the association’s partners and monitoring of operational reporting: management of qualitative assessments and financial reports, promotional activity and strengthening of the partnership community.
- Given the rapid evolution of the project and its organisational structure, great flexibility will be required, as responsibilities may change as the association develops.
👉 Candidate profile
- Genuine adherence to the social mission and the strategy of the organisation, excellent motivation and interest in investing in the social field, refugees and socio-professional integration
- 10 years professional experience including at least 3 years in similar positions, having directly increased the organisation’s income
- Experience in team management and structuring of departments
- Strategic, analytical and reporting skills
- Perfect command of English and French, knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- Excellent social and diplomatic skills, strong powers of persuasion
- Creative and innovative approach
✌️ What DUO for a JOB offers you
- A dynamic team within an innovative project.
- Fieldwork, contact with multiple actors: young people from diverse backgrounds, volunteers, professionals (retirees) associations, companies, public authorities, etc.
- A multi-faceted project that is evolving rapidly.
- Independence, autonomy and decision-making
- An organisational and governance system that leaves room for the making of innovative proposals with a variety of tasks related to the post
- Permanent position, managerial status, fulltime
- Ideally based in Brussels or Paris, travel within Belgium, France and the Netherlands (Partial teleworking possible)
- Start date: immediately/as soon as possible
- Salary according to experience
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: “Dir Dev INT”. Applications will be assessed in the order that they are received and will be answered within 2 weeks.
Do not hesitate to share around you to help us find these rare pearls!