DUO for a JOB is an association founded in Belgium 10 years ago, which offers an intergenerational mentoring program by putting young people from immigrant backgrounds (18-33) in touch with volunteers over 50, who advise and support them in their job search. Our aim? To promote equal opportunities on the job market, to value the experience of our seniors, and thus to contribute to a fairer, more caring society.
The organization is active in 17 cities in Belgium, France and the Netherlands, and relies on the energy and enthusiasm of 85 employees. It now boasts a community of almost 2,000 mentors and has trained over 6,500 duos since its creation.
👉 Job description
Working closely with the Branch/Department Directors and under the supervision of the Head of People & Culture, you will be responsible for managing HR activities such as recruitment, skills development, staff administration, legal compliance and HR development projects.
👉 Responsibilities and main activities
🔓 Talent acquisition
- Take an active part in the recruitment process by assisting with open recruitments (from identifying the need, to publishing offers and helping managers with interviews, etc.) and by participating in its improvement.
- Help develop Duo’s image as an employer of impact (choice of job boards, presence at external events, etc.).
🔓 Skills development
- Set up and monitor individual evaluation and development plans
- Create appropriate training plans in line with our budgets
- Analyze results and performance indicators, and suggest improvements to optimize the effectiveness of training programs
🔓 Staff administration
- Manage employee integration (contracts, onboarding, luncheon vouchers, etc.)
- Respond to individual requests from Duo People
- Manage payroll for our employees within a given perimeter
- Co-create HR support processes in line with the long-term HR roadmap
🔓 Legal compliance
- Implement an HR policy in compliance with local labor laws and regulations, in line with other countries where Duo operates
- Manage personnel files and documentation requirements
- Monitor local legislation
🔓 Development projects & Well-being at work
- Support the development of HR processes, projects and information systems (Internal communication project, HRIS implementation, …)
- Collaborate in the creation of the individual evaluation and development plan for the association (including training programs)
- Co-develop Duo’s roadmap for well-being at work, safety and the prevention of psycho-social risks
- Support development projects in line with the HR roadmap and agenda.
👉 Your profile
- Desire to develop HR expertise and uphold Duo’s values
- Higher education in management, labor law, labor psychology, human resources or equivalent field
- Perfect command of spoken and written French and English; fluency in Dutch is a strong asset
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- People orientation and ability to manage diversity
- Ability to communicate and give constructive feedback
- Sense of responsibility, rigor and organization
- Solution-oriented and able to recommend
- Ability to manage different projects and subjects at the same time
- A proven experience of 3 to 5 years in an HR specialty (recruitment, training, etc.) or in human resources management is requested.
✌️ What DUO for a JOB offers you:
- A project with an impact on social cohesion, equal opportunities and active ageing
- A fast-growing structure that regularly offers new challenges
- A dynamic work environment that values diversity and autonomy
- Permanent contract, full-time preferred
- Position ideally based in Brussels
- Occasional travel to our various branches
- Remuneration according to profile + meal vouchers + group insurance
- Company equipment: smartphone + laptop
- Partial teleworking possible
- Starting date: as soon as possible
👍 Are you interested?
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the following heading: “HR Manager”. We look forward to receiving your application!
Apply directly 👇
(*) indicates required fields
Do not hesitate to share around you to help us find these rare pearls!